Monday, June 11, 2012

Bologna...the cockroach of lunch meat.

This may surprise some when they read this because they know my aversion to leftovers and or food that might be more than say 12 minutes over the expiration date.
But I have discovered that bologna....lasts forever!

As in I'm pretty sure I bought it around....Easter. And it was delicious!
Well it's delicious if you're a fellow lover of over processed, somewhat slimy round pieces of compressed meat. Sooooooo good!
And the funny thing is I'll be the first to admit I think I'm too good for SPAM...SPAM is beneath me. SPAM is nasty! I've never tried SPAM....

But BOLOGNA.....oh my. I like it fried, I like it pickled, I like it snuggled up between two pieces of white bread, a slather of mustard a bit of onion and a slice of Grainger county tomato!!! I can hear the Southern angels singing now. Oh my.

It's funny how some things you're "raised up on" never get old.
And yes I'm aware of how many chemicals are probably helping meld it together but I'll just pray over it and hope it helps preserve me.....kinda like formaldehyde. ;)
So maybe just maybe between my bologna and my spanks, I'll age gracefully.

:D

5 comments:

  1. It can't be any worse than the 'pink slime' we've been unknowingly eating all our lives in hamburger meat.

    And what, may I ask, is wrong with Spam??? That and Vienna Sausages were considered a real treat in my childhood. Ranked right up there with Velveeta cheese "sammiches."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be risking our friendship with admitting this but....I've never had any of the above mentioned "food items". In my defense...I am half Yankee ;)

      Delete
    2. *sigh*

      Bless your heart. I'm so sorry I didn't know you were mixed!

      You and your yankee blood are forgiven. Now go eat some processed meat product. It'll cheer you right up!

      Delete
  2. YANKEE ALERT!!!!! GET OUT OF OUR SOUTH AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU CAN APPRECIATE OUR DELICACIES!

    ReplyDelete